Land 121 Stage 2 Unit Sustainment Facilities, North Qld
Location - Townsville, QLD
Client- Shamrock Civil Engineering
Commencement Date - May 2017
Completion Date - June 2017
Contract Value - $64,359
Waanyi Shamrock United (WSU) were contracted by Shamrock to undertake the construction of a package of inground stormwater pipes and open vee drains for the Lavarack Barracks Townsville LAND 121 project. The project involved the construction of the stormwater infrastructure to support the construction and operation of the new buildings and support facilities for the LAND121 vehicles.
Scope of Works
- Site Establishment
- Erosion and sediment controls
- PFAS ground contamination removal
- Clearing and grubbing of the work zones
- Earthworks – Excavation of the open vee drains, trim and compact the drain surfaces
- Installation of drainage infrastructure including but not limited to:
- 1,731m of stormwater pipes and associated pits, and
- 3,706m2 of open drains
WSU planned and designed the erosion and sediment controls and temporary drainage systems so that in a wet weather event the project site was not inundated with stormwater while the works were being completed.
WSU completed the works ahead of program, to the desired specifications and on budget. This allowed the Shamrock Civil construction team to complete other works simultaneously to assist in accelerating the program delivery prior to the traditional wet season.
© Copyright Waanyi Shamrock United Civil Website Design: - Lilly Mc